THIS IS NO LONGER OUR CURRENT WEBSITE. PLEASE GO TO:
This website is no longer maintained by our volunteers. Our contact details remain unchanged.
There are various ways that you can help as a Volunteer. We always welcome Volunteers with professional and specialist skills, or ones that are able to provide entertainment.
Briefing days are held for Volunteers so they know what to expect when working on the project. This will include a new Volunteer induction, drug awareness, managing difficult behaviour and we can also offer Food Hygiene training. We will announce the dates for the briefing days later in the year.
If you are over 18 and would like to volunteer for us, click on the role that you are interested in, download and complete the volunteer form, then return it to us via email, or by post to- HARC c/o The Sheffield Children’s Centre, 101 Shoreham Street, Sheffield S1 4SR.
Once we have received your completed form, we will then provide you with log in details to access our online shift booking system.
We have different types of Volunteer roles: General Volunteers, Shift Leaders, Deputy Shift Leaders, Kitchen Assistant Volunteers, Cook Volunteers and Entertainment Volunteers.
We will also need volunteers to help with our food delivery (date and time to be confirmed), and setting up the project on 24th December (times to be confirmed).
Watch this short introductory video for an overview of what volunteering for HARC entails:
Examples of the role of a General Volunteer will include
- Socialising with guests
- Working on the reception desk (welcoming, signing in guests, personal belongings etc,)
- Working in the Clothing Store
- Assisting with activities (games, bingo etc.)
- Providing table service to guests at mealtimes
- Serving hot and cold drinks to guests
Examples of the role of a Shift Leader
- Responsibility for practical operations and smooth running of the shift
- Liase with previous and/or following Shift Leader, cook and Project Lead
- Allocation and management of jobs/activities
- Resourcing and management of Clothing Store
- Deal with conflicts and guest exclusions
Examples of the role of a Deputy Shift Leader
- Deputise for the Shift Leader
- Organisation of rota and sign up sheet for guests to access various services
- Liase with Shift Leader about emergency clothing
Examples of the role of a Kitchen Volunteer will include
- Food preparation and cooking
- Cleaning kitchen and other kitchen duties
- Maintaining a cooks log
- Help with keeping food store
Examples of the role of a Cook Volunteer will include
- Responsibility for all food preparation
- Complete charge of the kitchen
- Organising the Kitchen Assistant Volunteers
- Ensuring that only Kitchen Assistant Volunteers come into the kitchen
- Decides on quantity control (eg-for second helpings)
- Responsibility for cleanliness of kitchen at end of the shift
To provide entertainment and socialise with our guests.